Martinsville High School Alumni
Linda Nolen (Weaver) (1968)
|Re: News Years Resolution|
Danny Ogle (1969)
|Re: News Years Resolution|
|Here are the rules. Send it in.|
AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
SEASON XVII 2006 - 2007 (Revised 9/26/06)
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Cara Communications Corporation (d/b/a Vin Di Bona Productions) the producer ("Producer") of a television series featuring home videos seeks submission by members of the public of their home videos showing funny and/or unique events for possible broadcast on the ABC Television Network ("ABC"). Only videos conforming to ABC Television Network Broadcast Standards and Practices based on Producer's and ABC's judgment, as they determine in their sole discretion, will be eligible for consideration.
There will be approximately 20 contestant shows, 3 One-Hundred-Thousand Dollar prize shows, and 1 Grand Prize award show in the 2006-2007 season. In each contestant show, there will be a first, second and third prize awarded for best videos. The contestant shows will be divided into 3 blocks. Each block will consist of between 6 and 10 contestant shows and will be followed by a One-Hundred-Thousand Dollar prize show, which will feature the first place winners from each of the contestant shows in the block. The grand prize award show at the end of the season will feature a competition between the 3 One-Hundred-Thousand Dollar winners of the season. There will be one prize awarded for the best video in the grand prize show. The number of videos per show, contestant shows, and/or shows per block, are subject to change in Producer's sole discretion.
1. Persons wishing to enter should send as many different home videos as they wish to "America's Funniest Home Videos," P.O. Box 4333, Hollywood, CA 90078. Tapes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. See section VIII for information on deadlines.
2. Entrants should include their return address and telephone number and a brief written description of the clips being submitted.
3. All submissions shall become the sole property of Producer and may be used in any manner in all media. Entrants should include a $3.00 handling fee per tape, in U.S. money order, if they wish Producer to return their video(s), which will be done on a rolling basis during the 2006 - 2007 season. Producer reserves the right to destroy all videos for which return was not requested at the time of submission. Producer is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected tapes under any circumstances. Please keep a copy of your submission.
4. All home video formats are acceptable (VHS, 8MM, Hi-8, digital video). Home videos shot for commercial purposes are not eligible for any prizes. Home videos transferred to DVD or CD-ROM will be accepted provided they meet eligibility and broadcast requirement. 8MM film transferred to videotape is also accepted. Digital chips will not be accepted.
5. Videos that purport to be spontaneous must be so, or entrant must explicitly disclose the circumstances of the taping at time of entry.
6. Producer reserves the right to edit and/or alter any submission.
7. Videos must be exclusive to Cara Communications Corporation, d/b/a Vin Di Bona Productions and American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
8. Producer's decisions regarding all contest matters are final and nonappealable. All submissions are subject to the terms of these rules and all entrants agree to be bound by these rules and Producer's decisions. Producer reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
9. Producer reserves the right to alter the number of contestants in each show and the number of contestant shows in each block at any time.
10. Producer may, in its sole discretion, take whatever measures it deems necessary or appropriate to preserve the integrity of the contest.
1. Employees of Cara Communications Corporation, d/b/a Vin Di Bona Productions and American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies and anyone involved in the production, or administration of the contest, as well as immediate family/same household members of anyone so employed or engaged are not eligible for prize awards.
2. Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. and Canada, excluding Quebec. Void in Quebec, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Producer reserves the right to at any time implement new eligibility criteria and/or modify existing eligibility criteria, including, without limitation, geographical and age restrictions.
4. Persons under 18 may enter but written parental consent will be required before their entries will be considered.
5. Entrants whose clips are chosen for inclusion in a program must sign a Release and Indemnity in the form presented attesting, among other things, to the fact that they are the rightful owners of the submitted clips and that the clip may be submitted and broadcast, and ownership transferred to Producer, without obtaining permission from or making any payment to any third party. All persons appearing in the clips must sign consent forms and/or releases (which shall, among other things, grant to Producer the right to use such person's name, voice and likeness) before the submission can be eligible for prize awards. A custodial parent or legal guardian must sign the consent/release form for minors. Failure to provide requested releases and/or consents will result in disqualification of entrant. These release and/or consent forms will be provided by the Producer. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the submission of a videotape constitutes the submitter's permission to use the videotape (and the name, voice and likeness of the submitter and all persons appearing in the videotape) in and in connection with the program and all exploitations thereof, including, without limitation, advertising and promotion, in all media, and, further, constitutes the submitter's representation that all necessary consents and permissions therefor have been obtained.
6. Each submission must be solely the original work of entrant.
7. Each entrant represents that his/her submission does not infringe on any third party's copyrighted material, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
8. By submitting their videotape each entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless Cara Communications Corporation d/b/a Vin Di Bona Productions, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, the broadcasters/distributors of "America's Funniest Home Videos" (and the respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies; licensees; assigns; officers; directors; employees; agents and representatives of each of the foregoing) from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission or exploitation of the entry, participation in this contest (or any related sweepstakes), appearance on the program, and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
9. Each entrant agrees that his/her participation and submission shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. Each entrant consents and agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of the State of California, located in the County of Los Angeles.
10. Details about public internet sweepstakes, rules for any sweepstakes (including, without limitation, geographical and time restrictions on entering), and other applicable procedures will be announced at a later date. Producer reserves the right to at any time change sweepstakes rules and procedures. No purchase necessary.
IV. JUDGING CRITERIA
1. Videos will be judged for inclusion in shows and for prizes on the basis of their humor and/or uniqueness. Examples of videos that have been considered include those showing silly blunders at social occasions, unexpected foul-ups involving children, animal antics, slip-ups during sports or vacation activities, bloopers during plays, recitals, parades or speeches, celebrity impersonations, home music videos, natural phenomena, life's annoyances, and oddball news events. From time to time, the Producer may request home videos on specific topics, such as for the show's "Assignment America" requests. Such submissions will be included with the general submission pool for contest purposes and will compete with the general submission pool for any prizes unless otherwise stated. All videos must conform to ABC Television Network Broadcast Standards and Practices policies.
2. Producer will select clips for inclusion in each contestant show as follows:
A. Each tape will be assigned a number, logged in and entered into a computer.
B. All tapes will then be screened and rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Any tape rated below a 5 will be rejected for use as a contestant tape on any show.
C. The Producer's representatives will view tapes rated 5 and above for possible inclusion in a particular show.
V. CONTESTANT SHOWS ($10,000)
1. The voting procedure for the contestant shows will be as follows, unless
A. Of the clips included in each contestant show, the Producer will select 3 finalists based on humor and/or uniqueness. During the taping of the show, members of the studio audience will vote for their favorite video from among the 3 finalists and use an electronic voting system (or an alternate voting system, as determined by producers). The first, second and third prizes will be awarded based on the number of votes cast for each of the 3 finalists. Producers will pre-screen audience members and obtain signed affidavits in which audience members attest (i) that they are not related to or acquainted with, in fact or by reputation, any of the individuals who submitted, shot or appear in any of the finalist videos and (ii) that they have no relationship to the Producer, the AFV contestants, ABC, or The Walt Disney Company, any parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company of any of the foregoing or to any employee, representative or agent of any of the foregoing. Audience members with any relationship to AFV contestants, and audience members who are employees, representatives or agents of Cara Communications Corporation, d/b/a Vin Di Bona Productions, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., The Walt Disney Company or the parent, subsidiary, and/or any affiliated companies of any of the foregoing and anyone involved in the production, administration or judging of the contest, as well as immediate family/same household members of anyone so employed or engaged are ineligible to vote.
2. Producers reserve the right to use alternate judging and/or voting procedures, as determined by Producers, for any show or segment including, without limitation, for any special shows or segments.
VI. $100,000 SHOWS AND GRAND PRIZE SHOW
1. The season's contestant shows will be divided into 3 blocks at Producers' sole discretion. The first place winners from each block will compete for a prize of $100,000. If the program is cancelled prior to the completion of all contestant shows in a block, Producers reserve the right not to award a $100,000 prize or to modify the means by which a winner will be selected.
2. The 3 winners of the $100,000 shows will compete for a vacation prize in the Grand Prize show. Prize details are to be provided on ABC.com at a later date and are subject to change.
3. The voting procedure for the $100,000 shows and the Grand Prize Show will be as follows, unless otherwise specified:
A. The videos will be screened for members of the public at a venue, date(s) and time(s) to be determined by Producer. The videos will be shown in random order without added voice-over or effects. The video receiving the greatest number of valid votes will be deemed the winner.
4. The criteria for selecting the prizewinner of each block will be humor and/or uniqueness.
5. In the event of a tie, the studio audience at the taping of the $100,000 shows and/or the Grand Prize Show will vote between the tying entries, until the tie is broken.
6. Producers reserve the right to change the voting procedures on the $10,000, $100,000 and grand prize shows.
1. For the Contestant shows, the first prize for each contestant show is $10,000. Second prize is $3,000. Third prize is $2,000.
2. In the event of a tie for the $10,000 prize, the vote will be taken again, between the tying entries, until the tie is broken. In the event of a tie for second place, both clips will receive the second place prize money (and there will be no third prize awarded).
3. Clips included in a contestant show and broadcast are not eligible for a first, second or third place prize in future contestant shows.
4. The Grand Prize is a (9)-night / (10)-day vacation for four (4) to the WALT DISNEY WORLDÂ® Resort, DisneylandÂ® Resort and aboard a Disney Cruise LineÂ® ship to be taken between January 4, 2008 and March 4, 2008. Estimated retail value of the prize is U.S. $12,761. See Attachment A to these rules for trip details, conditions and restrictions.
5. Prizes will be awarded to the person(s) submitting the videotape, provided they certify and establish to Producer's satisfaction that they are the owner(s) of the videotape and further provided that they have complied with the official rules and sign all necessary forms as determined by Producer.
6. Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
VIII. CONTEST DEADLINES
1. The deadline for the first contest block of the 2006-2007 season is September 22, 2006. The deadline for the second contest block is November 20, 2006. The deadline for the third contest block has yet to be determined. Contest deadline dates will be announced on ABC.com and, if possible, on air, in advance of the deadline for submissions. All tapes must be received by Producer on or before the deadline dates to be eligible for inclusion.
At Producers' sole option, any video may be retained and considered for use and reuse, and used and reused, in any subsequent edition of the program or any other program and/or ancillary or other use in any and all media.
1. All entrants must sign all consent forms, general releases and other documentation in the form provided by Producer or be eliminated from consideration and made ineligible to win any prize. Releases will include, among other things, a statement that the videos are the exclusive property of the entrant(s) and that the events purported to be spontaneous were in fact spontaneous and not staged.
Releases must be obtained from all identifiable persons depicted in videos. Parent or guardian must sign the consent/release form for minors.
2. For more information, call (310) 442-5600, or write us at "America's Funniest Home Videos," P.O. Box 4333, Hollywood, CA 90078.
AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS ATTACHMENT "A" 2006-2007 SEASON GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION
10-DAY/9-NIGHT VACATION PACKAGE COMPONENTS
You will receive a nine-night/ten day vacation for (4) four to the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort, the Disney Cruise Line and the Disneyland Resort including the following elements:
Coach airfare for four between a major metropolitan city airport in the U.S. or Canada closest to the winner's residence to the Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida then to the Los Angeles International Airport and back to airport closest to winner's residence (no stopovers allowed).
Disney Cruise Line Â®vacation:
1. One (1) Disney Cruise LineÂ® vacation for up to four (4) persons to be taken aboard the Disney Wonder . Included in this four (4) night, non-transferable prize package is the following:
A. Four (4) night cruise aboard the Disney Wonder to Nassau and Castaway CayÂ® in The Bahamas which includes:
a. One (1) deluxe oceanview stateroom (Category 9). Maximum occupancy four (4) people.
b. All onboard meals
c. Government Taxes and Fees (as defined in the Disney Cruise LineÂ® brochure)
d. Onboard gratuities for contest winner and three guests for stateroom host/hostess; dining room server, assistant server and head server.
e. Ground transportation from the Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral
B. Castaway Cay Getaway Package, including complimentary use of snorkel equipment and float/tube rental for the entire day, plus a one-hour bicycle rental at Disney's private island, Castaway CayÂ® .
WALT DISNEY WORLDÂ® Resort vacation:
A one night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite and two night's at a selected Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort. Room accommodations include [one standard room] with a maximum of four (4) persons per room.
Four (4) four-day MAGIC YOUR WAY Premium Ticket. This custom ticket includes park hopping for the MAGIC KINGDOM , EPCOT , DISNEY-MGM STUDIOS and DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOMÂ® Theme Park for four days. It also includes three (3) optional visits to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park, Disney's Blizzard Beach water park, Downtown DisneyÂ® Pleasure Island, Disney QuestÂ® Indoor Interactive Theme Park OR Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex.
Family photo in the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort with a Disney character. (Character selected by the Walt Disney World Resort)
Disney Gift card with a value of $1500 for use at the Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort and Disneyland Resort.
Complimentary use of transportation within the Walt Disney World Â® Resort.
Round transportation from Port Canaveral to the Walt Disney World Â® Resort and to the Orlando International Airport.
Disneyland Resort vacation:
A one night stay in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse Suite in the DisneylandÂ® Resort and a one night stay in a DisneylandÂ® Resort. Room accommodations include [one standard room] with a maximum of four (4) persons per room.
Three one day Park Hopper Â® passes per person for admission to the Disneyland Park and Disney's California AdventureÂ® Park.
Round trip ground transportation to/from the DisneylandÂ® Resort and the Los Angeles International Airport.
Winning vacation rules include:
Vacation must be booked at least 120 days prior to intended travel dates and must be taken between January 04, 2008 to March 4, 2008 aboard the Disney Wonder at the discretion of Disney Cruise VacationsÂ®, Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort and the Disneyland Â® Resort. All vacations are for the winning person and up to three (3) guests of the winner's choosing.
Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise LineÂ® vacation, Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort vacation and Disneyland Â®Resort vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise LineÂ® terminal.
Vacation fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions at Disney Cruise LineÂ®, Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort, Disneyland Â® Resort and the airlines. Travel may not occur during cruise ship, resort or airline blockout periods.
2.Disney Cruise LineÂ®, Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort and Disneyland Â® Resort blockout dates are as follows and subject to change. 2008: 02/17 - 02/23; 03/09 - 04/05; 05/18 - 08/28;
3. Vacations may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Vacation elements may not be substituted and vacations are non-commissionable.
4. Winner and companions are responsible for providing proper documentation to travel. Winner and companions must travel with a valid passport. Guests must provide Disney Cruise LineÂ®, with passport numbers 75 days before their vacation starts.
5. If winner and guests are unable to travel during the fulfillment period. Winner and guests will forfeit the one night stay in the Cinderella Royal Bedroom in Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney WorldÂ®, Resort and the one night stay in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse Suite in the DisneylandÂ®, Resort. Accommodations will be provided in a standard deluxe room at each destination.
6. If winner is unable to travel during specified dates, winner will have until September 30, 2008 to complete travel, winner will forfeit Cinderella Castle Stay.
C. Items not included as part of the winning Disney Cruise LineÂ®, Walt Disney WorldÂ®, Resort or Disneyland Â® Resort package which are the responsibility of the winner include: shore excursions; travel insurance; room service; Palo service charge; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; ship to shore communications; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities not specifically set forth in the Disney Cruise LineÂ® prize description; income taxes; meals at the Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort and Disneyland Â® Resort; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Estimated retail value: $ 12761.00 .
Beth Hammill Byrnes (1968)
|Re: News Years Resolution|
|Oh, Bun, are you okay? Didn't hurt any "important" parts did you??? Please be more careful as we need you at the next reunion! Hugs to you and your family.|
Liz Ling Sater (1968)
|Re: News Years Resolution|
I am impressed with your style - we haven't seen anything quite like that since Greg Louganis split his head open at the '88 Olympics!
It is already a little late in the year, and lots has happened to our resolutions, but I just want to wish all of our classmates a very happy and prosperous New Year in 2007!
Have we set a date for 2008?
steve draper (1968)
|Re: News Years Resolution|
Thanks! That means a lot from an old friend and t.v. celebrity. Yes, I've been working on the style for years....some like the jack-knife or the swain....I prefer the busta-my-butta.
|Re: News Years Resolution|
|Oh no, you haven't been watching Star News have you!! I can't believe that old girl got on TV and said her name was Liz Sater! Really, Bun - the ravages of time are relentless........my "senior superlative" days of 1968 are sooooooo over, but I know that is not the case with you! |
Next time I am on TV and they tell me to stick out my chest and suck in my stomach, I won't get it backwards again.
This message board is provided for the use and enjoyment of responsible Mavahi.com visitors.
Submissions are edited for appropriate content, so please refrain from leaving inappropriate messages.